I have 15 years of experience in design, development and implementation of digital marketing solutions ranging from virtual reality, 3D projection mapping, mobile apps, social media strategy, web platforms, activations to installations for clients including South African Tourism, Coca Cola, ABSA, Toyota, PPC, Nike, MTN, SAB Miller, KFC, Vodacom, Cell C, Nelson Mandela Foundation and DStv.
All projects and experience has been attained through my entrepreneurial ventures in two digital marketing businesses, Kicksaints Studio, Threefold Creative and subsequence experiences at Hellocomputer.
- Bronze Loerie for KFC Popping Candy Krusher Launch Activation - 2015
- SACSC Best independent stand award for the Threefold creative promotional stand - 2015
- Bronze Loerie for final year portfolio for Bachelor of Arts at Vega Brand Communications School - 2006
- Construction New Media Award for final year portfolio for Bachelor of Arts at Vega Brand Communications School - 2006
Technical director and co-founder
Content production and platform development
2013 - present
- Digital consultancy - Instrumental in determining all digital directions required for projects that Threefold Creative executes. My expertise during brief refinement with clients and concept development with the Threefold team are based on solving marketing objectives and budget viability.
- Project scope and costs requirements - Create the project scope documentation and cost estimate for all hardware and development requirements.
- Managing digital project requirements - Detailed knowledge of the processes involved in digital content production and development, as such I manage both technical and creative teams ensuring project requirements are met.
- Development of all digital projects - Responsible for all the project development from programming, to testing and deployment.
- Management of social media marketing - Manage the online marketing strategy requirements for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn social networks.
- Management of technical requirements in the office and cloud - Maintain all Mac, Windows and Linux systems and ensure they are constantly backed up and operational. This responsibility extends to our internet access and rack mounted backup solutions.
- Management of web hosting solutions for clients - Manage a large number of web and mail hosting solutions for Threefold Creative clients, ensuring their mail is adequately protected from spam and that their web platforms are secure and updated.
Director and co-founder
Digital Marketing and Mobile App Development Studio
2006 - 2013
- Management of client relationships and projects - Responsible for all client relationships and projects at all stages of project developed.
- Project briefs, scope and cost estimate requirements - Defined project scope based on client discussions which I then converted into briefs and cost estimates after seeking approval on each.
- Development of mobile marketing apps for iOS and Android - Designed and developed mobile marketing solutions published to Apple iOS and Google Android platforms in service to promotion companies with the sole purpose of collecting consumer data.
- Development of marketing related software for Windows and Mac - Designed and developed solutions for Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac in many cases where the solution required unique interactive capabilities that extended to recording video, audio and/or printing information for consumers.
- Development of websites and web apps - Developed and designed a large majority of client websites on the Wordpress platform. This included implementation of existing Wordpress themes and the custom development of Wordpress themes and plugins.
- Managing web hosting solutions for clients - Managed the web hosting and email solutions for all clients. This included performing backups of the web and mail data, resolving mail related queries and updating hosting platforms.
- Content production - Produced concept animations, music videos and animated videos for musicians and performers and digital matte painting for interactive web related projects.
- Virtual reality and game development - Unity 3D / C#
- Physical computing - Arduino / Intel Galileo / Raspberry Pi / C / Python
- Mobile app and desktop app development - ActionScript / Adobe Air / Adobe Native Extensions / PhoneGap / Trigger.io
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Illustrator / Photoshop / Flash Professional / Flash Builder / Premiere Pro / After Effect / InDesign / Speedgrade / Scout
- Microsoft Office - Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Code editors - Github's Atom / Sublime Text Editor / Visual Studio / FlashDevelop / Flash Builder / MonoDevelop
- Operating Systems
- Apple Mac
- Microsoft Windows
- Linux / Ubuntu / CentOS / Raspbian / Mint
Bachelor of Arts in Creative Brand Communications
Vega Brand Communications School - 2003 - 2006
Specialized in Multimedia Design where I was educated in the necessary skills to work in the interactive (web design; UX design; application design) and motion (3D and 2D animation; motion graphics; SFX; video editing) fields. I engaged with traditional elements of design such as illustration, typography, graphic design and character design whilst incorporating the latest digital design software in order to produce eye-popping visual narrative for platforms such as web, mobile, digital publication, film, photography, gaming, social, apps and more.
Sandown High School
1998 - 2002
- Try jQuery and jQuery: The return flight
- Shaping up with Angular part 1
- Anatomy of Backbone.js part 1 and 2
- Real-time web with Node.js
- Building blocks of Express.js
- Try Python part 1, 2 and 3
- Objective C
- Try iOS
- iOS Operations: Models
- Try ASP.NET Core
- Forging ahead with ASP.Net Core
- Entrepreneurship: Launching an Innovative Business - University of Maryland